Thursday 16 February 2012

Summary . . .

Signing up to blogger has allowed me to keep in touch with my friends and read up on people’s interests. I am currently following 3 blogs, one on extreme sports and 2 on ICCT related information. A video was recently posted on the extreme sports blog about squirrel diving which looked a lot worse than the usual choice of sky diving, personally I wouldn’t try either . . . however, if they happen to break a bone, I read an interesting article on an ICCT related blog about a transplant jaw made by a 3D printer. The implant was made of titanium powder, which was heated and fused together by a laser. Technicians believe that the success of the transplant paves the way for use of more 3D printed body parts. On the subject of advances in technology a new scheme has been set up for organisations, BYOD (Bring You Own Device) formerly known as BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) is a scheme that allows employees to being their own devices to work, this could be anything from a desktop or laptop to a Mac or tablet. And the best part a lot of companies have been funding part of the cost of the device, personally I think this will encourage people to be more productive in work. On the other hand some people feel technology needs to be redesigned. An article posted on BBC News spoke about how the internet should be re-invented to make it more secure. Since the internet was first invented security has been an afterthought. No one is in control of the internet and in my opinion the internet is only as safe as the user itself. Using the RSS reader over the past two weeks has kept me up to date with technology in the News, and also informed me of the posts on the blogs I currently follow. 


Link to extreme sports post - http://mrrlparkin.blogspot.com/2012/02/o-my-word-have-you-ever-seen-anything.html
Link to 3D printing post - http://megancastleton-icct.blogspot.com/2012/02/transplant-jaw-made-by-3d-printer.html
Link to BYOD - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17017570
Link to re-creating the internet - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17032274

No comments:

Post a Comment